Sunday, June 27, 2010

Like Sands Through the Hour Glass...


So are the Days of Our Lives! I got an email today about the Memorial held for Salem's most beloved resident, Alice Horton. I know, it's tv. But Frances Reid has been on days for well over 40 years. She's the icon of the show. And since I began watching "Days" when I was in 1st grade (crazy, right?) I feel that I am somewhat invested. Let me explain the whole 7 year old watching a soap opera thing so you don't think I'm completely crazy. We had some friends who stayed with us a lot that summer and they were big fans of the show, so we watched it every day and I got hooked. This is also why I'm terrified of being buried alive because the early '90s is when Carly got buried alive on the show... If you've ever watched it, you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, back to the blog. I got an email today about the Memorial Service held for "Gran" as she was known on the show, so since I had nothing else good to write about, I thought that would suffice. While looking for a pic of her, I also found a few more of my favorite characters on the show. I never know in which order the pics will post on here, so I'll try and explain the person to match with the picture. We have Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfanso or Bo and Hope, THE supercouple of Days. I love me some Bo Brady. The cute little brunette guy is Jason Cook who played their son, Shawn. He was a big heartthrob as well. The blonde guy is Kyle Lowder who played Brady Black. He was a cutie as well. Ah, memories. :0) R.I.P. Gran. We'll definitely miss you.








No comments:

Post a Comment