Monday, June 14, 2010

Homemade Jelly!


Cynthia called last week and told me I just HAD to come down and see them this past weekend. She said she wanted to make a homemade memory. I had no clue what she was talking about. I thought we were going to color Christmas cards or something. She further explained that Uncle Vic's apples were ready to make jelly. So, I went in and we whipped up a batch of jelly. I pretty much did it all myself... she just told me what to do. And guess what! It actually turned out decent. I told Steve Carpenter (my bee pal) that I can barely boil water, yet I can homemake some jelly. He took home a jar and just told me that it was great. Chef will be so proud when he finally returns from Rome. Just call me Betty Crocker! :0)

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've never made jelly by myself, but I do enjoy canning pickles and tomatoes and peaches! You'll have to show me how sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a date cousin. I'm a master at jelly. And notice how I cited myself as Betty Crocker and NOT Paula Dean. There's just something about that "Add some butter ya'll" that drives me criz-azy!

    ReplyDelete