Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Independence Day, Iceland!


Today is Independence Day for Iceland. I know, get excited. I wish I would've snapped a pic of Chef posing with the new flag we have in the office when he was telling me about Iceland Day, but I didn't. Instead, I am going to go with the present he brought be back from the island of Capri from his trip to Rome and Pompeii. He had told me he picked me out something really cool, so I couldn't wait to see what it was and he was right. He got me kitchen stuff. This is only funny because the poor guy has tried and tried to teach me to cook. I have an I heart Iceland apron, so when I put it on, much like Superman and his cape, I get my cooking powers. I told him I'd hang my spoon and fork up beside it. He laughed and said I was supposed to USE them. I, in turn, laughed and said that much like my grandmother, we only use cooking utensils for decoration. Now Gran actually can cook, as you all know, but everytime we buy her something new, she just hangs it on the wall. Anyway, SO glad my Chef is back. Tomorrow, he will teach me the pledge in Icelandic because the National Anthem is a bit of a drag. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment