Friday, May 14, 2010

Go Bears!


Old pic ~ However, Phil and I go way back so I thought it was only fitting. Tonight he led the Lady Bears not only back to the State Playoffs, but finally came home with a trophy. We are officially runners-up in the state! Quite an accomplishment for our little 1A school. Phil's the best. It was very strange growing up with him and then him taking over as softball coach... but it was definitely a GREAT 2 years. We were actually good for once and it was all thanks to Phil. Best memory from softball was after we'd gotten back from the beach and he'd nearly ran us to death because we were stupid high school girls and there was - let's just say drama - at the beach. Anyway, we had a team meeting after and went around saying something good about each of our teammates. Phil was the last one and he went around to everybody telling about thier work ethic, personality, blah blah blah. He ended with me and all he said was, "Kimbo, you're my best buddy." I'll never forget it. We've definitely been through a LOT together and I am so proud for him. I'm sure he's going to be coach of the year yet again. Congrats Phil!! Love you!!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment