Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Peanut Butter and Oreos


I have another great story from the office today. Chef and I have been a little stressed this week - about as stressed as 2 of the most mellow people at the hotel get - SO I told him that I would bring something to cheer him up. Peanut Butter and Oreos. He thought the peanut butter was inside the Oreos. Oh was he wrong. You dip the Oreo into the peanut butter. Scrumptious. Best afternoon snack EVER beside a Kit Kat. This will be our lunch tomorrow. Anyway, as I was telling him the correct way to have Oreos, he told me of his terrible past experience with peanut butter. I didn't know there was such a thing. He said that when he came over as an exchanged student he had English and American History. I don't know why the American History was part of the story other than he either had the same teacher for both classes or he didn't like both teachers... Maybe it was because both of them rattled on and on and he never had a clue what they were saying because he wasn't quite the master of the English language that he is now. Either way, his English teacher told all of the students to write an essay on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He had no idea what peanut butter was. SAY WHAT?! They didn't have peanut butter in Iceland? "Nope," He said. "I'd never seen it before." I'm confident he beemed down from Mars or Siberia. How could they not have peanut butter? So, he went up after class and told her he didn't know how to make said sandwich. The teacher just thought he was being a jerk and she was mean to him the rest of the year. Thus his bitterness over peanut butter. Poor guy. Tomorrow, I hope to change his views on that. I can relate though... I was always the weird kid that NEVER ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I still think they are gross. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment