Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Flowers


I was inspired this weekend after seeing Uncle Fuzzy's bountiful flower garden. Like a ton of bricks it hit me, I need flowers. Can I grow flowers? Nope. Do I have the slightest clue where to begin? Nope. Do I even like digging in the dirt? That's a big heck-to-the-no. However, I want flowers and I'm not going to get them without putting forth some effort. SO, I went to Wal Mart, got me a water hose, shovel and was in search of flower seeds but after 2 unsuccessful stops and a very hateful chick telling me that seed season has passed, I happened pon all of these boxes at Dollar General. I first needed to consult with Chef on how to grow flowers. He can grow just about anything, but he wasn't all that convinced I could grow them as well. He kinda laughed, then asked what possessed me to do it. I replied I wanted flowers. I think his hesitation was the fact that we haven't been able to keep alive his lucky bamboo or my plant Pris gave me when she left. I forget to water them just about every day. I think we should invest in a cactus. However, seeing that I was determined, he told me everything I needed to do to make this happen. I have been out all afternoon in the sunshine, tilling my front yard with a shovel. I have a blister on my hand. Obviously I was not meant for the farm life - or for digging ditches. Entertaining, Air Conditioning, Internet... I'm good with these things. Sweat, blisters, toiling the earth's soil... not so much. I am determined though. I will have flowers at some point. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment